1. In which of the following compounds, nitrogenexhibits highest oxidation state? (2012)
(a) N2H4 (b) NH3
(c) N3H (d) NH2OH
NEET-UG 2015 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
NEET-UG 2014 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
NEET-UG 2013 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
NEET-UG 2012 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
NEET-UG 2011 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
NEET-UG 2010 Chemistry Question Paper with Answer Key
2. Nitrogen forms N2, but phosphorus does not form P2, however, it converts P4, reason is (2001)
(a) triple bond present between phosphorus atom
(b) pπ – pπ bonding is weak
(c) pπ – pπ bonding is strong
(d) multiple bonds form easily.
13. Urea reacts with water to form A which will decompose to form B. B when passed through Cu2+(aq) , deep blue colour solution C is formed. What is the formula of C from the following? (NEET 2020)
(a) CuSO4 (b) [Cu(NH3)4]2+
(c) Cu(OH)2 (d) CuCO3·Cu(OH)2
17. When copper is heated with conc. HNO3 it produces (NEET-I 2016)
(a) Cu(NO3)2, NO and NO2
(b) Cu(NO3)2 and N2O
(c) Cu(NO3)2 and NO2
(d) Cu(NO3)2 and NO
18. Zn gives H2 gas with H2SO4 and HCl but not with HNO3 because (2002)
(a) Zn act as oxidising agent when react with HNO3
(b) HNO3 is weaker acid than H2SO4 and HCl
(c) in electrochemical series Zn is above hydrogen
(d) NO– is reduced in preference to hydronium ion.
22. A compound ‘X’ upon reaction with H2O produces a colourless gas ‘Y’ with rotten fish smell. Gas ‘Y’ is absorbed in a solution of CuSO4 to give Cu3P2 as one
of the products. Predict the compound‘ X’. (NEET 2019)
(a) Ca3P2 (b) NH4Cl
(c) As2O3 (d) Ca3(PO4)2
24. Identify the incorrect statement related to PCl5 from the following : (NEET 2019)
(a) PCl5 molecule is non-reactive.
(b) Three equatorial P – Cl bonds make an angle of 120° with each other.
(c) Two axial P – Cl bonds make an angle of 180° with each other.
(d) Axial P – Cl bonds are longer than equatorial P – Cl bonds.
26. Which of the following oxoacids of phosphorus has strongest reducing property?(NEET 2019)
(a) H4P2O7 (b) H3PO3
(c) H3PO2 (d) H3PO4
27. Which is the correct statement for the given acids? (NEET-I 2016)
(a) Phosphinic acid is a monoprotic acid while phosphonic acid is a diprotic acid.
(b) Phosphinic acid is a diprotic acid while phosphonic acid is a monoprotic acid.
(c) Both are diprotic acids.
(d) Both are triprotic acids.
28. Strong reducing behaviour of H3PO2 is due to (2015)
(a) high electron gain enthalpy of phosphorus
(b) high oxidation state of phosphorus
(c) presence of two —OH groups and one P—H bond
(d) presence of one —OH group and two P—H bonds.
29. Which of the following statements is not valid for oxoacids of phosphorus? (2012)
(a) Orthophosphoric acid is used in the manufacture of triple superphosphate.
(b) Hypophosphorous acid is a diprotic acid.
(c) All oxoacids contain tetrahedral four coordinated phosphorus.
(d) All oxoacids contain atleast one P=O unit and one P—OH group.
30. Oxidation states of P in H4P2O5, H4P2O6, H4P2O7 are respectively (2010)
(a) +3, +5, +4 (b) +5, +3, +4
(c) +5, +4, +3 (d) +3, +4, +5
31. How many bridging oxygen atoms are present in P4O10? (Mains 2010)
(a) 6 (b) 4
(c) 2 (d) 5
38. Which is the correct thermal stability order for H2E (E = O, S, Se, Te and Po) ?(NEET 2019)
(a) H2Se < H2Te < H2Po < H2O < H2S
(b) H2S < H2O < H2Se < H2Te < H2Po
(c) H2O < H2S < H2Se < H2Te < H2Po
(d) H2Po < H2Te < H2Se < H2S < H2O
39. Acidity of diprotic acids in aqueous solutions increases in the order (2014)
(a) H2S < H2Se < H2Te (b) H2Se < H2S < H2Te
(c) H2Te < H2S < H2Se (d) H2Se < H2Te < H2S
41. Which of the following does not give oxygen on heating? (NEET 2013)
(a) K2Cr2O7 (b) (NH4)2Cr2O7
(c) KClO3 (d) Zn(ClO3)2
45. Match the following : Oxide Nature (NEET 2020)
(A) CO (i) Basic
(B) BaO (ii) Neutral
(C) Al2O3 (iii) Acidic
(D) Cl2O7 (iv) Amphoteric
Which of the following is correct option?
(a) (A) – (i) (B) – (ii) (C) – (iii) (D) – (iv)
(b) (A) – (ii) (B) – (i) (C) – (iv) (D) – (iii)
(c) (A) – (iii) (B) – (iv) (C) – (i) (D) – (ii)
(d) (A) – (iv) (B) – (iii) (C) – (ii) (D) – (i)
48. Nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide have some properties in common. Which property is shown by one of these compounds, but not by the other? (2015)
(a) Is soluble in water.
(b) Is used as a food preservative.
(c) Forms ‘acid-rai n’.
(d) Is a reducing agent.
49. Sulphur trioxide can be obtained by which of the following reaction? (2012)
(a) CaSO4 + C Δ →
(b) Fe2(SO4)3 Δ →
(c) S + H2SO4 Δ →
(d) H2SO4 + PCl5 Δ →
51. Identify the correct formula of oleum from the following : (NEET 2019)
(a) H2S2O7 (b) H2SO3
(c) H2SO4 (d) H2S2O8
52. In which pair of ions both the species contain S — S bond? (NEET 2017)
54. Match List I (substances) with List II (processes) employed in the manufacture of the substances and select the correct option. (Mains 2010)
List I List II
(A) Sulphuric acid (i) Habe rp’rsocess
(B) Steel (ii) Bessemer’s process
(C) Sodium hydroxide (iii) Leblanc process
(D) Ammonia (iv) Contact process
(a) A – (i), B – (iv), C – (ii), D – (iii)
(b) A – (i), B – (ii), C – (iii), D – (iv)
(c) A – (iv), B – (iii), C – (ii), D – (i)
(d) A – (iv), B – (ii), C – (iii), D – (i)
55. Which of the following statements is not true for halogens? (NEET 2018)
(a) All form monobasic oxyacids.
(b) All are oxidizing agents.
(c) All but fluorine show positive oxidation states.
(d) Chlorine has the highest electron-gain enthalpy.
56. Which one of the following orders is correct for the bond dissociation enthalpy of halogen molecules? (NEET-I 2016)
(a) Br2 > I2 > F2 > Cl2 (b) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2
(c) I2 > Br2 > Cl2 > F2 (d) Cl2 > Br2 > F2 > I2
57. The variation of the boiling points of the hydrogen halides is in the order HF > HI > HBr > HCl. (2015)
What explains the higher boiling point of hydrogen fluoride?
(a) There is strong hydrogen bonding between HF molecules.
(b) The bond energy of HF molecules is greater than in other hydrogen halides.
(c) The effect of nuclear shielding is much reduced in fluorine which polarises the HF molecule.
(d) The electronegativity of fluorine is much higher than for other elements in the group.
58. Among the following which is the strongest oxidising agent? (2009)
(a) Br2 (b) I2
(c) Cl2 (d) F2
59. Which one of the following arrangements does not give the correct picture of the trends indicated against it? (2008)
(a) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Bond dissociation energy
(b) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Electronegativity
(c) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Oxidizing power
(d) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Electron gain enthalpy
60. Which one of the following orders is not in accordance with the property stated against it? (2006)
(a) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Bond dissociation energy
(b) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Oxidising power
(c) HI > HBr > HCl > HF : Acidic property in water
(d) F2 > Cl2 > Br2 > I2 : Electronegativity