Q.46 Which of the following species contains equal number of σ – and π bonds?
Q.47 The species Ar, K+ and Ca2+ contains the same number of electrons. In which order do their radii increase?
(1) Ar < K+ < Ca2+
(2) Ca2+ < Ar < K+
(3) Ca2+ < K+ < Ar
(4) K+ < Ar < Cr2+
Q.48 The function of “sodium pump” is a biological process operating in each and every cell of all animals. Which of the following biologically important ions is a also a constitute of this pump?
(1) Ca2+ (2) Mg2+
(3) K+ (4) Fe2+
Q.49 “Metals are usually not found as nitrates in their ores” Out of the following two (a and b) reason which is/ are true for the above observation/
(a) Metal nitrates are highly unstable.
(b) Metal nitrates are highly soluble in water.
(1) a and b are false
(2) a and b are false
(3) a is false but b is true
(4) a is true but b is false
Q.51 Because of lanthanoid contraction, which of the following pairs of elements have nearly same atomic radii? (Numbers in the parenthesis are atomic numbers).
(1) Ti (22) and Zr (40)
(2) Zr (40) and Nb (41)
(3) Zr (40) and Hf (72)
(4) Zr (40) and Ta (73)
Q.51 Which of the following processes does not involve oxidation of iron?
(1) Rusting of iron sheets
(2) Decolourization of blue CuSO4 solution by iron
(3) Formation of Fe(CO)5 from Fe
(4) Liberation of H2 from steam by iron at high temperature
Q.53 Which of the following pairs of ions are isoelectronic and isostructural?
(a) CO32- , SO32-
(b) ClO3– , CO32-
(c) SO32- , NO3–
(d) ClO3– , SO32-
Q.54 Which of the following option represents the correct bond oreder?
(1) O2– > O2 > O2+
(2) O2– < O2 < O2+
(3) O2– > O2 < O2+
(4) O2– < O2 > O2+
Q.55 Nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide have some properties in common. Which property is shown by one of these compounds, but not by the other?
(1) forms ‘acid –rain’
(2) is a reducing agent
(3) is soluble in water
(4) is used as a food – preservative
Q.56 maximum bond angle at nitrogen is present bin which of the following?
Q.57 Magnetic moments 2.84 B.M> is given by (At nos, Ni= 28, Ti = 22, Cr= 24, CO= 27)
Q.58 Cobalt (III) chloride forms several octahedral complexes with ammonia. Which of the following will not give test for chloride ions with silver nitrate at 25℃?
(1) CoCl3∙3NH3 (2) CoCl3 ∙4NH3
(3) CoCl3∙5NH3 (4) CoCl3∙6NH3
Q.59 Which of these statements about [Co(CN)3l3- is true?
(1) [Co(CN)6]3- has no unpaired electrons and will be in a low-spin configuration.
(2) [Co(CN)6]3- has four unpaired electrons and will be in a low-spin configuration.
(3) [Co(CN)6]3- has four unpaired electrons and will be in a high-spin configuration.
(4) [Co(CN)6]3- has no unpaired electrons and will be a high-spin configuration.
Q.60 The activation energy of a reaction can be determined from the slope which of the following graphs?
(1) In K vs. T
(2) In K / T vs. T
(3) In K vs. 1 / T
(4) T / In K vs. 1 / T
Q.61 Which one is not equal to zero for an ideal solution?
(1) ΔHmix (2) ΔSmix
(3) ΔVmix (4) ΔP =Pobserved – PRaoult
Q.63 A given metal crystallizes out with a cubic structure having edge length of 361 pm. If there are four metal atoms in one unit cell, what is the radius of one atom?
(1) 40 pm
(2) 127 pm
(3) 80 pm
(4) 108 pm
Q.64 When initial concentration of a reactant doubles in a reaction, its half-life period is not affected. The order of the reaction is:
(4) More than zero but less than first
Q.65 If the value of an equilibrium constant for a particular reaction is 1.6 × 1012, then at equilibrium the system will contains:
(1) all reactants.
(2) mostly reactants
(3) mostly products
(4) similar amount of reactants and products
Q.66 A device that convert energy of combustion of fuels like hydrogen and methane, directly into electrical energy is known as:
(1) Fuel Cell
(2) Electrolytic Cell
(4) Ni-Cd cell
Q.67 The boiling point of 0.2 mol kg-1 solution of X in water is greater than equimolal solution of Y in water. Which one of the following statements is true in this case?
(1) X is undergoing dissociation in water.
(2) Molecular mass of X is greater than the molecular mass of Y.
(3) Molecular mass of X is less than the molecular mass of Y.
(4) Y is undergoing dissociation in water while X undergoes no change.