1. Among the following, the narrow spectrum antibiotic is (NEET 2019)
(a) Chloramphenicol (b) penicillin G
(c) Ampicillin (d) amoxicillin.
2. Mixture of chloroxylenol and terminal acts as (NEET 2017)
(a) Antiseptic (b) antipyretic
(c) Antibiotic (d) analgesic.
3. Which of the following is an analgesic? (NEET 2016)
(a) Streptomycin (b) Chloromycetin
(c) Novalgin (d) Penicillin
4. Bithional is generally added to the soaps as an Additive to function as a/an
(a) Buffering agent (b) antiseptic
(c) Softener (d) dryer
5. Antiseptics and disinfectants either kill or prevent growth of microorganisms. Identify which of the following statements is not true. (NEET 2013)
(a) Dilute solutions of boric acid and hydrogen peroxide are strong antiseptics.
(b) Disinfectants harm the living tissues.
(c) A 0.2% solution of phenol is an antiseptic while 1% solution acts as a disinfectant.
(d) Chlorine and iodine are used as strong disinfectants.
6. Dettol is the mixture of (NEET 2013)
(a) Chloroxylenol and bithionol
(b) Chloroxylenol and terminal
(c) Phenol and iodine
(d) Terminal and bithionol
7. Chloramphenicol is an (2012)
(a) Antifertility drug
(c) Antiseptic and disinfectant
(d) antibiotic-broad spectrum.
8. Which one of the following is employed as Antihistamine? (2011)
9. Which one of the following is employed as a tranquilizer drug? (2010)
(a) Promethazine (b) Valium
(c) Naproxen (d) Mifepristone
10. Which one of the following is employed as a tranquilizer? (2009)
(a) Naproxen (b) Tetracycline
(c) Chlorpheniramine (d) Equanil
11. Chloropicrin is obtained by the reaction of (2004)
(a) Steam on carbon tetrachloride
(b) Nitric acid on chlorobenzene
(c) Chlorine on picric acid
(d) Nitric acid on chloroform.
16. The artificial sweetener stable at cooking temperature and does not provide calories is (Odisha NEET 2019)
17. Artificial sweetener which is stable under cold Conditions only is (2014)
18. Which of the following is a cationic detergent? (NEET 2020)
(a) Sodium lauryl sulphate
(b) Sodium stearate
(c) Cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide
(d) Sodium dodecylbenzene sulphonate
19. Which of the following forms cationic micelles above certain concentration? (2004)
(a) Sodium dodecyl sulphate
(b) Sodium acetate
(d) Cetyltrimethylammonium bromide
Given below are two statements: (2021)
Statement I: Aspirin and Paracetamol belong to the class of narcotic analgesics.
Statement II: Morphine and Heroin are non-narcotic analgesics. In the light of the above statements, choose the correct answer from the options given below.
1. Both Statement I and Statement II are true.
2. Both Statement I and Statement II are false.
3. Statement I is correct but Statement II is false.
4. Statement I is incorrect but Statement II is true.
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (b) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (b)