1. The correct option representing a Freundlich adsorption isotherm is (NEET 2019)
(a) x / m = Kp0.3 (b) x / m = Kp2.5
(c) x / m = Kp-0.5 (c) x / m = Kp-1
2. Which one of the following characteristics is associated with adsorption? (NEET-I 2016)
(a) ΔG and ΔH are negative but ΔS is positive.
(b) ΔG and ΔS are negative but ΔH is positive.
(c) ΔG is negative but ΔH and ΔS are positive.
(d) ΔG, ΔH and ΔS all are negative.
3. In Freundlich adsorption isotherm, the value of 1/n is (2012)
(a) Between 0 and 1 in all cases
(b) Between 2 and 4 in all cases
(c) 1 in case of physical absorption
(d) 1 in case of chemisorption.
4. If x is amount of adsorbate and m is amount of adsorbent, which of the following relations is not related to adsorption process? (2011)
(a) x/m = f (p) at constant T
(b) x/m = f (T) at constant p
(c) p = f (T) at constant (x/m)
(d) x/m = p x T
5. The Langmuir adsorption isotherm is deduced using the assumption (2007)
(a) The adsorption sites are equivalent in their ability to adsorb the particles
(b) The heat of adsorption varies with coverage
(c) The adsorbed molecules interact with each other
(d) The adsorption takes place in multilayers
6. A plot of log(x/m) versus log P for the adsorption of a gas on a solid gives a straight line with slope equal to (2006)
(a) log k (b) –log k
(c) n (d) 1/n
8. Which one of the following statements is not correct? (NEET 2017)
(a) The value of equilibrium constant is changed in the presence of a catalyst in the reaction at equilibrium.
(b) Enzymes catalyse mainly biochemical reactions.
(c) Coenzymes increase the catalytic activity of enzyme.
(d) Catalyst does not initiate any reaction.
9. Which one of the following statements is incorrect about enzyme catalysis? (2012)
(a) Enzymes are mostly proteins in nature.
(b) Enzyme action is specific.
(c) Enzymes are denatured by ultraviolet rays and at high temperature.
(d) Enzymes are least reactive at optimum temperature.
13. Measuring zeta potential is useful in determining which property of colloidal solution? (NEET 2020)
(c) Stability of the colloidal particles
(d) Size of the colloidal particles
14. Which mixture of the solutions will lead to the formation of negatively charged colloidal [AgI]I– sol ? (NEET 2019)
(a) 50 mL of 0.1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 0.1 M KI
(b) 50 mL of 1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 1.5 M KI
(c) 50 mL of 1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 2 M KI
(d) 50 mL of 2 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 1.5 M KI
15. On which of the following properties does the coagulating power of an ion depend? (NEET 2018)
(a) The magnitude of the charge on the ion alone
(b) Size of the ion alone
(c) Both magnitude and sign of the charge on the ion
(d) The sign of charge on the ion alone
16. The coagulation values in millimoles per litre of the electrolytes used for the coagulation of As2S3 are given below
I. (NaCl) = 52, II. (BaCl2) = 0.69,
III. (MgSO4) = 0.22
The correct order of their coagulating power is (NEET 2016)
(a) I > II > III (b) II > I > III
(c) III > II > I (d) III > I > II
17. Fog is a colloidal solution of (NEET 2016)
(a) solid in gas (b) gas in gas
(c) liquid in gas (d) gas in liquid.
18. Which property of colloidal solution is independent of charge on the colloidal particles? (NEET 2014)
(a) Electro osmosis (b) Tyndall effect
(c) Coagulation (d) Electrophoresis
19. The protecting power of lyophilic colloidal sol is expressed in terms of (2012)
(a) Coagulation value
(b) Gold number
(c) Critical micelle concentration
(d) Oxidation number.
56. The right option for the statement “Tyndall effect is exhibited by”, is : (2021)
(a)NaCl solution (b) Glucose solution
(c) Starch solution (d) Urea solution
1. (a) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (d) 5. (a) 6. (d) 8. (a) 9. (d) 13. (c) 14. (b) 15. (c) 16. (c) 17. (c) 18. (b) 19. (b) 56 (c)